The lung doctors at Northern Colorado Pulmonary Consultants are experts at managing and treating the distressing symptoms of asthma-- difficult breathing, shortness of breath, wheezing sounds, cough, chest tightness, or difficulty speaking. Our board-certified fellowship-trained Pulmonologists have the expertise to help people with acute asthma flare-ups experience quick relief for easier breathing. By conducting a comprehensive evaluation, our lung doctors can identify risk factors, allergens, and triggers for asthma flare-ups, as well as provide a prevention plan and emergency instructions for severe asthma attacks. Our lung specialists are ready to help you breathe easier by taking steps to manage asthma and reduce asthma attacks. Request an appointment online or contact us by phone to schedule your preferred appointment to find out how the board-certified Pulmonologists at Northern Colorado Pulmonary Consultants can help you manage asthma.
Asthma is a lung disease that makes it difficult to breathe air in and out of the lungs. Environmental allergens or irritants, such as pollen or pet dander, are common triggers for an asthma flare-up. Although there is no cure for asthma, our lung doctors can help you manage asthma to lead a normal life.
Our board-certified Pulmonologists provide:
- Comprehensive pulmonary physical examination and medical review
- Referral for allergy testing
- Pulmonary testing
- Prescription long-term medications & rescue medications
- Prescription Peak Flow Monitor for home use
- Plan for emergency or serious asthma situations
- Prevention & lifestyle changes to protect yourself from allergens
- Resources to help you quit smoking
Learn more about asthma in our Patient Education Library